Betting for most is an enjoyable recreational activity. However, at times some can find themselves developing a problem and it may impact other areas of their lives and their loved ones.
Draftstars takes responsible gambling very seriously, and is committed to ensure its members have resources to keep their gambling under control, and access to support services should they require help.
To ensure you maintain control of your gambling so that it remains enjoyable, please consider the following.
Gambling should be done in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure, not as a way of making money or to escape problems
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend. We provide detailed transaction history in the ‘My Account’ section
- To help you control the amount you can spend, you can set a deposit limit in our My Account Section, call Draftstars support on 1800 131 939, or email us at email@example.com.
- If you need a break from gambling, self-exclusion can be set by calling our support centre on 1800 131 939.
- Balance your gambling with other leisure activities
- Try to understand the odds/probabilities of winning and losing, and the rules of the contests you are playing
Where difficulties arise it is important that you find this out as early as possible so that you can put preventative measures in place and get further help if needed. Below are common signs that indicate you may be experiencing issues with your gambling:
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more questions that you answer ‘yes’ to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact one of the organisations listed below.
WHERE TO FIND HELP
Gambling Help Online
1800 858 858
Confidential, professional, free help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Talk to someone who understands your issues.
Draftstars offers all members options to take control of their gambling.
Draftstars members have the ability to review their betting history by calling Draftstars support on 1800 131 939 or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Draftstars members are able to nominate deposit limits on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis by calling Draftstars support on 1800 131 939 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Draftstars members can choose to exclude themselves from betting with Draftstars. The minimum period for self-exclusion is one day however, members are able to set their own, longer periods of exclusion, including indefinitely.
To self-exclude from Draftstars please call our call centre on 1800 131 939 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Draftstars’ policy is clear: It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to gamble with Draftstars.
Draftstars takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously. Age limit warning messaging and signage is displayed in the registration process and at multiple points across the site
We carry out age verification checks on all our customers.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 FOUND TO BE USING THIS SITE WILL HAVE ANY WINNINGS FORFEITED AND MAY ALSO BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE.
If children have access to the computer/smart phone/tablet you use to access the Draftstars website, we encourage you to download and install one of the popular child protection packages, such as Net Nanny or Cyber Patrol. This software will prevent Draftstars being accessed by children, and stop them from viewing other Internet content that you may consider unsuitable.